Tuesday, June 28, 2011

2009 Beaver Damn XC Race--4th

I am short and Kurt is tall.
Unfortunately, I came down with Swine Flu a couple weeks before this race.  I was bed ridden for a week, and was still recovering (no riding) the week leading up to this race.  Kurt took off like a bullet while I struggled the first lap, riding behind a group of guys for ~ 3 miles that I usually outpace by several minutes.  I even paused (after hitting a tree) during the race and thought about packing it in, but knew I would regret it.  From there, I gave it my all and ended up 4th.  Still, I was proud of how my first ever race series went and started to look forward to the upcoming Endurance Series.
Worth noting, this race finish gave me the cycle....after 5 races, I had placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th.  Weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment