Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Garner 4 Hour -- 2nd

September 20th, 2009
Duo w/ Kurt Dressler: 9 laps in 3:30:02

My first attempt at a team kinda-endurance-event.  I had planned on riding solo until my nemesis...I mean friend and XC competitor Kurt asked if I wanted to team up and try to win the male duo.  Both of us had high expectations (and maybe suffered from biggus cranius) coming off of our 1-2 series finish in the TORC XC series.  Though we were racing in the Beginner >35 division, our times were faster than the <35 Sport division, so we thought we had a chance.  Unfortunately we met Juan and Don who smoked us.  Kurt's laps were clearly faster than mine (only because he is actually faster than me), and despite me starting with the SS (32:17) and then switching to my geared FS, we took 2nd and had a great time.  Hey, some money was raised for the Garner EMS/Rescue and this race showed me I had a lot of work ahead of me to get ready for my 1st 6hr race.  That's a win-win in my book (or blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment