Tuesday, June 28, 2011

2009 Cry Me A River 6hr, Little River --3rd

Enjoying a post race cold one, thanks Ben!
October 10th, 2009
Single Speed Class, 8 laps in 5:36:23, 8.28 mph, 46.4 miles.
Bike: Soul Cycles Hooligan (26" SS), 32:18 gears, IRC Mythos XC II tires.


My first ever 6hr race.  Decided to race SS on my fairly new Soul Cycles Hooligan.  Before this race, I had not driven a car 6 hrs, and my longest training ride was 4 hrs.  So I brought some Gatorade and some Payday bars and off I went.  After 3 laps I started to suffer.  I stopped for a short time every lap after three to stretch, eat, and drink.  Started Cramping after 4 laps.  Luckily Chris Danz from Performance saw I was suffering and gave me a Cliff Bar; it helped.  Never imagined I would come in 3rd.  Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment