Friday, July 1, 2011

2010 January Mountain Bike Marathon --1st!!!

February 7th, 2010
Single Speed Division: 2:39:50,
Soul Cycles Hooligan SS, 42:17, Kenda Klimax Lite (345g) tires

The weather was cold and wet, but I was determined to ride SS and do better than last year.  Due to some trail/road flooding, the course was changed a bit from the previous year, but it's all good.  My gearing made it tough for the first 5+ miles of single-track, but when I hit the road, I was able to spin 90+RPM's at 20+ mph.  I quickly began passing other riders until hitting the trail, where I gave it all I could, but was passed by a couple before flatting about a half mile from the finish, a quick pump-up told me I had a slow leak, I rode it on in and though it was flat when I put it on my car, it made it to the finish.  I DOMINATED the SS class...no one even came close to me...helps that I was the only one in my division.  No one else was crazy enough to ride SS in those wet conditions; their loss.  I ended up 12th overall.  Definitely an improvement over last year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment