Friday, July 1, 2011

Curse at the Crab 6hr (Crabtree)--2nd

March 19th, 2010
Single Speed Division: 7 laps /56 miles in 5:16:55 (10.6 mph)
Soul Cycles Hooligan SS, 32:18 w/ Maxxis Larsen TT eXCeption 2.0 tires.

This was the final 6hr race in the TORC 2009-2010 6hr Endurance Series.  Due to many of the big guns (see last post) not showing up, I really only needed to finish to secure 2nd for the series.
Due to weather, this race was postponed and run on a Friday night, this meant night laps (sweet).  I had a good race as far as staying focused and riding with intesity throughout the race (not letting the mind wander into thinking about the post race meal, then coming to and realizing I have been riding 6 mph on a flat section of trail).  For lights, I used a couple of LED torches (helmet and bar) that worked just fine.
John Hinson had come in first or 2nd in every race of the series (on his pretty titanium frame), but I rode not far behind him the entire race and finishing only 17 seconds behind.  After the race people kept patting me on the back saying what a great race I had, "Dude, you almost beat Hinson!" They did not know that he had his first Half-Marathon that Sunday, so he was running a big cog and spinning through the race just enough to stay ahead of me to secure his victory...still, it was a good race and indeed I did secure 2nd for the series in SS (suhweet!).

No comments:

Post a Comment